- Last Updated: Friday, January 02 2015
- Published: Friday, January 02 2015
- Posted by Website Admin
When you donate to a Lions Club.
These funds go directly to helping others.
For nearly 100 years, our members have worked on projects designed to prevent blindness, restore eyesight and improve eye health and eye care for hundreds of millions of people worldwide. Lions volunteer to take part in sight projects that have:
- Saved the sight of more than 15 million children by providing eye screenings, glasses and other treatments through Sight for Kids.
- Established or strengthened pediatric eye care centers that have helped more than 120 million children.
- Helped halt the spread of trachoma in Ethiopia by providing 10 million doses of the sight-saving drug azithromycin annually.
- Prevented serious vision loss for more than 30 million people worldwide.
- Improved eye care for 100 million people by training more than 650,000 eye care professionals and building 315 eye hospitals.
- Distributed more than 147 million treatments for river blindness.
- Provided nearly 8 million cataract surgeries.
- Vaccinated 41 million children in Africa against measles – a leading cause of childhood blindness.